TAMCO Install Types
Flanged to Duct
1" flange frame
MINIMUM SECTION SIZE:
4½”w x 4¼”h (115 mm x 108 mm)
MAXIMUM SECTION SIZE:
25 ft² (2.3 m²)
60”w x 60”h (1524 mm x 1524 mm) or
48”w x 75”h (1220 mm x 1905 mm)
- For SP and NP Profiles, the damper is manufactured with 1” (25.4 mm) flanged frames around the entire face and rear perimeters of the damper, allowing the duct to be directly fastened to it.
- For WP Profile,the damper is manufactured with 1.625” (41.3 mm) flanged frames around the entire face and rear perimeters of the damper.
- Flanged to Duct Install Type dampers provide greater free area and lower pressure drop, because the damper frame is mounted outside the duct perimeter.
- Finished inside frame dimensions of the damper will be identical to the opening width & height dimensions.
- Finished outside frame dimensions will be 2” (50.8 mm) larger than the opening width & height dimensions.
- Linkage extends up to 1.31" (33.3 mm) beyond the outer edge of the frame for single-section wide dampers.
- Always provide opening width and height dimensions, when ordering. Width dimension is always parallel to blades. Height dimension is always perpendicular to blades.
TAMCO Aluminum Damper Installation Guidelines